Tuesday, 23 September 2014

Recycling Lipsticks!



I am on a personal challenge (which seems to have been going on forever) to get my make up and toiletries down to one item of each.  I have done pretty well, still lots of body lotion, eye shadows and lipsticks to get through.

Throughout the summer I tend to wear nude or pale lipsticks, sometimes just clear gloss but when autumn comes around I tend to change to darker plumy colours.  Looking through my tin of rejects (I don't throw any makeup away because it's way too expensive) none of them were quite right....too dark, too purple, too red, too bright....One of them I use a lot as it is a nude colour with a bit of a shimmer.  I am down to the last bit of 'scooping' from the bottom.

So I got very excited last night when I stumbled across a tutorial on Pinterest on how to use up unwanted lipsticks.  It was one of those 'why didn't I think of that sooner' moments.


I sliced a chunk out of each one and added it to a cleaned out little candle tin, along with a blob of vaseline for gloss and extra autumnal lip protection.

Heated it over a candle.  It took less than a minute for it to melt.

It looked a bit hot pink so I added some more beigey-nude.

By the time I had showered and put on my make up it was set.

It's definitely the plumy colour I wanted.  I think I like it.  I will wear it this week but may add a touch more purple and a tad more nude. I'm glad I added the vaseline as it glides on nicely and has a slight glossy look without being too glossy.  My lips feel moisturised.

Have a lovely Tuesday!








2 comments: