Friday, 26 September 2014

A bit of 70's kitsch

Has anyone noticed how trendy 70's decor is at the moment?  My kitchen is very plain black and white.  We deliberately fitted a plain kitchen so we can change the decor with accessories as and when our tastes change.  I have been looking for 70's kitsch to jazz up the plainness for some time.  Over the summer I have kept my eyes peeled at car boot sales and charity shops, waiting for just the thing that is shouting out for a new home.

Here's what I bought last weekend

These were £4 from PDSA.  I wish there were 4 in the set but unfortunately just 3, I couldn't leave without them because they reminded me of the wallpaper in our kitchen when we were growing up in the 70's - it was a nostalgia purchase.  I loved the yellow colour, it really stands out against the black tiles and black shelf they go on.  Underneath it says 'Tams Pottery', will keep my eyes peeled for more to match (or perhaps clash).


I also bought this.  I have seen these many times before in antique/vintage shops but couldn't afford the price tag.  Saw this in Sue Rider (£5) and snapped it up.  It is Hornsea Pottery and again reminds me of my childhood, I am sure my Grandma had one.  If only we had kept some of her things!  Who knew it would all come back into fashion?

I'm going to look out for more of these at the right price, I'd like a full set! It adds chatacter to  my modern, souless kitchen.

Have a great Saturday and don't forget to tell me about your charity shop bargains.



1 comment:

  1. I just came back from a carboot and saw a set of those jars, I guess you've got to be in the right place at the right time, I am of to the carboot tommorow, hubby is watching the stall, and I can go bargain hunting before or the buyers are let in, will post any finds next week.

    ReplyDelete